In Windows 10 you can choose which apps can receive info, send notification, and stay up-to-date even when you are not using them. Turning background apps OFF can help conserve power. You can enable or disable background apps in Windows 10 using below steps:
- Open Windows 'Settings' App from start menu or by typing 'Settings' in cortana search box, and selecting 'Settings' Windows App.
- In Settings App, click on "System" to open System Settings screen. In System Settings screen select "Battery saver" in left pane.
- In "Battery saver" screen, click on "Battery use" link to open "Battery use" screen.
- In "Battery Use" screen, click on "Change background app settings" link.
- "Change background app settings" screen will show list of apps that can run in background on your computer. Turn ON toggle button next to individual app to allow app to run in background. Turn OFF toggle button to prevent or disable running app in background.